Offices Locations2020-09-01T13:28:29+02:00

OFFICES

The Milan and Genoa offices of Giovanardi Studio Legale are located in architecturally prestigious buildings which, interestingly, are both associated with the Italian Theatre. Their history is very interesting.

THE MILAN OFFICE

The building in the center of Milan where Giovanardi Studio Legale occupies two entire floors and one partially, renowned for its characteristic Art Nouveau façade – known in Italy as “Liberty Style” –, giving the name to the adjacent square and is now incorporated in a modern building, developed upwards and sideward with big windows.

The building was built in 1956, according to the projects of Architect Muzio, who decorated it by using the original façade of the Hotel del Corso, one of the most renowned buildings in Art Nouveau in the center of Milan, originally built between 1902 and 1905, designed by architects Angelo Cattaneo and Giacomo Santamaria, demolished after World War II because of the damages suffered from bombing.

The Hotel del Corso, not only was one of the most luxurious hotels in Milan, but it was also known for its theatre Teatro Trianon, which at that time was considered like a temple of Milanese theatre. Please refer to the historical reconstruction made by Paolo Colussi.

> Paolo Colussi The Milanese Theatre of Cletto Arrighi

THE GENOVA OFFICE

The 24-floor, 83 m skyscraper, in which Giovanardi Studio Legale is located on the fifth floor, was the tallest building in the city for a year, from 1939 to 1940, until the completion of the Piacentini Tower. At the time it was one of the tallest skyscrapers in Italy, and the second (after the Littoria Tower in Turin) to exceed 80 metres.

The building is an example of rationalism architecture which was very much in vogue at the time and was built on the ruins of the famous Apollo Theatre.
The Apollo Theatre was inaugurated on 18 December 1853, during the Italian Risorgimento, built on the foundations of an ancient oratory, and it was often the backdrop for nationalist gatherings.

The theatre remained active until 1930 until its demolition in 1935 together with the houses of Borgo Lanaiuoli.

Go to Top