Aree di attività:
Civil, banking and commercial litigation, arbitration, corporate distress and insolvency.
Italian, English, French
Valeria Mazzoletti is a partner, working in Milan office.
Valeria focuses her activity in litigation in civil, commercial, corporate, financial intermediation and bankruptcy areas, she also assists clients in the pre-litigation phases and in the negotiation of out of court settlements. She has specific experience in bankruptcy proceedings and debt restructuring agreements.
She has been appointed Surveillance Committee Member of various Sim – stock brokerage companies, and SGR – asset management companies undergoing administrative compulsory liquidation, maintaining institutional relations with Bank of Italy.
She has also gained a significant experience in arbitration, as defense lawyer, as sole arbitrator and as member of arbitration panels, also within the Arbitration Court of the Chamber of Commerce of Milan.
She was admitted to the Bar in 1987 and is a member of Milan Bar Association; in 2000 she became member of the Special Register for the Superior Courts.
Her profession started at the firm of avv. Giuseppe Tristano in Milan, specialized in commercial law; from 2004 to 2012 she was a partner of Pedersoli e Associati and after that partner and head of the litigation department of d’Urso, Gatti e Bianchi; in November 2014 she joined Giovanardi e Associati.
After graduating from Law School cum laude and publication recommended, at Università Statale di Milano in 1984, she was a subject expert at the university Department of Civil Procedure Law headed by prof. avv. Giuseppe Tarzia, as teaching assistant.
From 1995 to 2001 she taught Civil Procedure Law in the post graduate course held by I.S.U. a study institute within the Università degli Studi di Milano.
She has contributed various publications and is a speaker on civil procedure and bankruptcy law issues at conventions and workshops on a regular base.
Publications and Conventions
- “Il processo cautelare” by Giuseppe Tarzia and Achille Saletti, Cedam, V edition.
- “Provvedimenti urgenti per il processo civile“, in Le Nuove leggi civili commentate, Cedam, 1992.
- speaker at the convention “Il risanamento dell’impresa in crisi – la recente esperienza italiana“, on “Le novità in tema di crisi d’impresa previste dal decreto sviluppo – aspetti legali“, held by the Facoltà di Economia Università degli Studi di Brescia, 30 October 2012.
- speaker at the study session “Secondo rapporto sulla giustizia civile in Italia“, on “Avvocatura e Magistratura unite per il funzionamento, hic et nunc, del processo civile” held by Unione Nazionale Camere Civili, Roma, Corte di Cassazione, 1 – 2 March 2013.
- speaker at the convention “Oltre le best practice: ridurre le conflittualità nei processi di turnaround”, “Tavola Rotonda: Il punto di vista degli operatori: ha senso la creazione di best practice” held by Turnaround Management Association Italia, Milan, 20 November 2013.