Sources highlight that the firm “is able to handle large and complex litigation and always provides an excellent service.”
Interviewees also note: “A special strength lies in their ability to focus on the client’s interest and thoroughly examine any arguments, be it a local or international case.”
Giovanardi Pototschnig & Associati has a particular focus on banking and finance, commercial, and insolvency law.
Giovanardi-Pototschnig & Associati has eminent experience in assisting industrial and commercial companies of any kind, including listed companies and multinationals, in litigation and pre-litigation disputes concerning corporate, commercial and civil law matters, also with regard to corporate liability issues.
Our clients include leading Italian and foreign banks with respect to manging disputes concerning customer relations, banking agreements and investment services, as well as those arising from bankruptcy proceedings. Our experience extends to litigation disputes regarding relationships between investors, shareholders and asset management companies of any kind.
We offer tailor-made services to clients based on their goals and their realistic achievement, particularly with respect to pre-litigation phases, and, subsequently, to the possible benefits of settling the dispute amicably by means of ADR procedures.
In relation to certain matters for which our firm does not have the necessary specialist skill-set, we have established long-standing close and reliable relationships with qualified external professionals and law firms.
Our Partners have significant experience in arbitration proceedings, acting both as legal counsel and as sole arbitrators or members of arbitration panels, also with respect to administrated proceedings governed by rules issued by an arbitral institution, such as the Arbitration Chamber of the Milan Chamber of Commerce.
- corporate law disputes including actions on the shareholders’ resolutions, the responsibility of the corporate bodies and management discrepancy, the validity and fulfilment of the shareholders’ agreements and extraordinary transactions
- Disputes relating to the sale and purchase of shareholdings and their implementation, particularly with respect to guarantee undertakings, price adjustment procedures and the exercise of options
- Disputes relating to bank agreements, such as current accounts, with particular reference to compound interest and usury, loans, mortgages, leasing, factoring and project financing transactions, as well as financial services related to the brokerage and management of securities portfolios
- Claims for damages and clawback actions, as well as general disputes in insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
- Disputes relating to distribution, sales, franchising, supply and sub-supply agreements
- Legal disputes pertaining to contract works, with reference to relations between principals, general contractors and sub-contractors, as well as consortiums and temporary associations of enterprises (ATIs)
- Disputes on competition and protection of trademarks, patents and company know-how
- Management of recall campaigns and related disputes, as well as class actions, assisting companies in media relations management
- Compensatory claims for environmental damage
- Litigation proceedings relating to the management of securitized credit portfolios
- Media and social network defamation lawsuits