The skyscraper where Giovanardi e Associati has its offices on the fifth floor, has been, with its 83 m (24 floors), the highest building of the city, from 1939 to 1940, when the Piacentini Tower was completed. At the time it was however one of the highest buildings in Italy and the second (after Torre Littoria in Torino) above 80 meters.
The building reflects the rational architecture of those years and was built on the ruins of the famous Teatro Apollo.
The Teatro Apollo was inaugurated on 18 December 1853, the years of our sparkling Risorgimento; it was built on the foundations of an old oratory and often lent its stage to patriotic meetings.
The theatre was active until 1930 and was demolished in 1935, together with the houses of Borgo Lanaiuoli.