Offices locations

A peculiar coincidence: both locations take us... to theatre.

Office in Milan

The building in the center of Milan where Giovanardi e Associati occupies two entire floors and one partially, renowned for its characteristic Art Nouveau façade -known in Italy as “Liberty Style”-, giving the name to the adjacent square and is now incorporated in a modern building, developed upwards and sideward with big windows.

The building was built in 1956, according to the projects of Architect Muzio, who decorated it by using the original façade of the Hotel del Corso, one of the most renowned buildings in Art Nouveau in the center of Milan, originally built between 1902 and 1905, designed by architects Angelo Cattaneo and Giacomo Santamaria, demolished after World War II because of the damages suffered from bombing.

The Hotel del Corso, not only was one of the most luxurious hotels in Milan, but it was also known for its theatre Teatro Trianon, which at that time was considered like a temple of Milanese theatre. Please refer to the historical reconstruction made by Paolo Colussi.

 

> Paolo Colussi – Il Teatro Milanese di Cletto Arrighi

Office in Genoa

The skyscraper where Giovanardi e Associati has its offices on the fifth floor, has been, with its 83 m (24 floors), the highest building of the city, from 1939 to 1940, when the Piacentini Tower was completed. At the time it was however one of the highest buildings in Italy and the second (after Torre Littoria in Torino) above 80 meters.

The building reflects the rational architecture of those years and was built on the ruins of the famous Teatro Apollo.

The Teatro Apollo was inaugurated on 18 December 1853, the years of our sparkling Risorgimento; it was built on the foundations of an old oratory and often lent its stage to patriotic meetings.

The theatre was active until 1930 and was demolished in 1935, together with the houses of Borgo Lanaiuoli.